Trick Tuners Forums

Go Back   Trick Tuners Forums > Trick Tuners > General Non Tuning Related

Notices

Old 07-22-2009, 02:06 PM   #11
Elizabeth

Those pictures are AMAZING! I can't wait to see more.

Default Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2009, 04:37 PM   #12
Joe@Trick Tuners
Administrator
Joe@Trick Tuners's Mods

we are back in town and have over 3000 pictures and videos that take up over 33gb. It will be a bit before i can get the videos edited and all the pictures uploaded. I'll see if i can get started on it tonight, but it may be a couple days.

Default Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2009, 09:47 PM   #13
bobshelley

Hi Joe and Alicia.
We are happy, happy, happy that you got home safe and sound. The pictures are great. I especially like the videos of the lions, leopards and the lion you could have touched if you had been insane. Joe's photographs are fantastic. They are so clear it's like being there, like being a fly on the wall, so to speak. I am amazed at how much the countryside looks like So. California. Only the animals are different... and I mean different. Thanks for sharing. Love you guys,
Mom and Dad (Shelley)

Default Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2009, 03:50 PM   #14
Joe@Trick Tuners
Administrator
Joe@Trick Tuners's Mods

I'm going to add some stuff that i will use when i update all the info to my website. For now i'll post here.

South Africa (in general)

South Africa is a strong mix of 1st world and 3rd world. In the nice places its nearly the same as the cities in the US. Nice cars, well dressed people, nice blend of races (not many mexicans or asians), nice streets, nice buildings, nice restaurants, etc. The food is great! Its pretty much the same things we have in normal restaurants here. If someone popped you into a S. African restaurant you would not even notice a difference. (except they say fill-it instead of fillet). You might notice that its the best beef you have ever had. I ate beef at nearly every place and they were all better than the best beef i have ever had in the states. (top of the world in vegas) Basically if you didn't hear the slight accent (much less than the UK people) you would think you are in some US city.

Then you drive out of the main cities and you notice a bunch of small houses. The government gives away free small houses so there is no shanty towns anywhere. No place looks as bad as the hills in TJ, not even close. Some places have small round huts with thatched roofs. There are also lots of dirt roads. I would guess that over half of all the roads in the country are dirt. There would be a main paved road, but then a decent looking housing complex would have all dirt roads. We spend a LOT of time on dirt roads. Our tour guides BMW did great on the dirt and i laughed when i saw the tow strap in the trunk.

Its COLD there!! I thought 'africa" was hot all the time, even in there winter. Boy was i wrong. We woke up blowing steam from our bed, ice on the deck, and cold!! Like the coldest day of the year in san diego. We wore benies, gloves, jackets, every morning and night. During the day it heats up nicely like our deserts. We wore short sleeves and pants during the days. Some places were a bit warmer than others and i thought it was funny that it got warmer as you move north.

There were some places where we didn't drink the water, but probably could have. Every place we went had electricity, flush toilets, hot water, and the typical stuff we are used to. A lot of the game reserves had excellent well water. Better than the best bottled water you have ever had! They have ALL the same TV shows that we do and you woundn't know you were in S. Africa by watching the TV (most of the time).

Default Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2009, 03:37 PM   #15
Joe@Trick Tuners
Administrator
Joe@Trick Tuners's Mods

I'll have more to come, but here is the first one i got up online.

Default Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2009, 05:13 PM   #16
Joe@Trick Tuners
Administrator
Joe@Trick Tuners's Mods

Default Reply With Quote