Trick Tuners Forums

Go Back   Trick Tuners Forums > Dyno Tuning > Dyno Tuning Experiemnts and Results

Notices

Old 10-24-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
Joe@Trick Tuners
Administrator
Joe@Trick Tuners's Mods

Default Jeep Wrangler Dyno testing (IAT exp) Results null and void due to a dyno brake issue

Edit: These results are null and void due to an issue with the air brake on the dyno. They will be repeated.

Purpose

These tests were done to determine the effect of higher air intake temps (ACT, air charge temp) on hp output. The torque is missing from the data because it was difficult to get a good rpm signal. (the coil pack is enclosed so you can't tap just one coil) I used the optical sensor on the dampener and it would sometimes loose the signal due to engine movement. This is why all the pulls are based on mph of the dyno drum instead of rpms.

Results

This is the data for all 4 pulls. You can see each pull by the increase in rpm. Notice the drastic increase in ACT. Part of this may be due to radiator wash increasing the ACTs, but that would be very typical in a slow moving, rock crawling jeep.

Here you can see that the jeep goes open loop in an attempt to richen the mixture and decrease combustion temps at the expense of hp.

Conclusion
Holy crap!! A loss of 73.54 hp is no joke!! I never expected anything as drastic as this. In 4 minutes the power went down 56%! Time to install the cowl air intake and retest.

Notes
It seems that the jeep runs closed loop at WOT until the temps reach a certain point. This was clearly visible on the last 2 runs while line graphing the commanded AFR, and the jeep ran closed loop on the first 2 pulls. MAP remained nearly identical for all runs. I am not sure if I was logging the correct values for spark timing because there was only a 3* difference between the highest and lowest hp pulls. (this was my first time logging with diablo hardware) Maybe the jeep is that sensitive to a few degrees of timing and a richer AFR. More tests and research will be needed to figure this out.

Default Reply With Quote

Old 10-25-2010, 02:28 PM   #2
Joe@Trick Tuners
Administrator
Joe@Trick Tuners's Mods

Here is the datalog (for diablo)
Attached Files
File Type: log 2010_10_23_4_44pm_3_pulls_drf_6_8_111.log (128.3 KB, 434 views)

Default Reply With Quote